We are all confined indoors with our kids and I am sure like me you too are running out of activities to do with them. In this and subsequent posts I am going to share easy craft activities for kids, please share what you are doing so that we can try them too.
- Miniature Notebook from Scrap paper– you will need 6-8 one side printed A4 sheets, ribbon, cardboard (optional if using a thin paper for front and back cover) or a handmade paper, glue in case using cardboard, scissors and a punching machine.
- Cut the A4 Sheets into four equal parts. Cut the outer covers as per the size of the inside pages.
- Punch equidistant holes on top, tie it with the ribbon, decorate as you please.
- Photo Frame Fridge magnet– You will need a cardboard, fancy paper, magnet, glue, felt in contrast colors or you could use dried leaves.
Three Moms who are Making a Difference
Motherhood changes our outlook on life, here are three moms who changed the course of their life not only for their own children but for all the ones to come in future.
Mansi Modi, Kindermum Cloth diapers
Mansi is a mother of 3 years old Pratham and the founder of Kindermum.⠀ Continue Reading
Repurposing and Upcycling can save you money and we all know the joy it brings.
I have loved creating stuff out of waste from early on in life. I used to think of ways to put old, abandoned stuff to use.
When we reuse things, we help a wee bit by not having the stuff dumped into the landfill.
This Native American Proverb “We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children,” sums our environment threatening lifestyle and how we must not take our planet for granted.
Using old clothes: Old clothes can be reused/repurposed or upcycled in multiple ways. I often keep old bed sheets, curtains, etc. to be turned into cloth bags. For past 3 years, on my son’s birthday I get these cloth bags made locally and give return gifts in them.
7 Eco-friendly switches one can make in their daily life.
Firstly let’s understand what eco-friendly is, Eco-friendly means something that is friendly to our mother earth, something that doesn’t harm the environment.
I won’t talk about being plastic free- that is too much to ask for!
Sadly we have come too far to go back. We all know single use plastic is not good for the environment and we all know that it is difficult to do without it.
Let’s not talk about what we can’t do, let’s take a look at what we can do.
Listing 7 easy eco-friendly things you can do to make a difference-
- Using bucket to take bath instead of shower –
When we use a low flow shower we end up using 3-5 liters of water a minute. Now, if someone takes a bath for at least 10 minutes they end up using 30-50 ltrs of water, could you believe that? While a bucket just uses 20 -25 liters of water and cleanses well as the water comes with greater force. Now when you take a bath, wash your face or brush your teeth just think about what you are doing to conserve water.
- Carrying your own cloth bags- This is a very simple and easy thing to do. Having a checklist while stepping out and including a large cloth bag in it can save you from bringing back home a plastic bag.
- Cut down Impulsive shopping (online and Retail) – Knowing your needs and wants and buying only what you need is the key. With buying things just at a click, rampant online discounts leading to impulsive buying and a surge to the sales of things that otherwise wouldn’t happen. Be mindful of what you are buying and not only will you save money, you will contribute in saving the environment too.