baby Colic-A quick guide to get your baby out of it.
First few months as parents is the most overwhelming and tiring phase. While we try to understand and decode our mysterious baby, the dynamics change every day and just when you feel you have it all right, your baby will surprise you with something totally unexpected. One such thing that most parents come by is Baby Colic
I heard about Colic when I was pregnant and having a conversation with my sister-in law, she told me how most parents to colic babies dread it.
Babies cry for several reasons, like dirty diaper, sleep, hunger and overtiredness. While all the crying lasts for few minutes and is usually not so difficult to resolve, Colic is like a monster that attacks and leaves the baby crying for several hours.
What is Baby Colic-
Colic has a few typical characteristics which are-
a. Intense, inconsolable crying for no apparent reason.
b. The colic attacks at the same time every day, usually evening or late-night hours.
c. The baby clenches his/her fists and throws his legs constantly (my baby used to do all of this while arching his back)
d. Colic starts when the baby is just few weeks (4-6 weeks) and can last up to 3-4 months.
While the exact causes for Colic haven’t been established, the most common suspect for colic is abdominal pain due to indigestion as the digestive system of these tiny babies is still developing.
What can you do about it?
As parents we try to do everything, we can to comfort our kids and more so as new parents to these tiny humans.
There are few things you can do to calm your baby down-
1. Change the place- Change of place acts as a distraction and may be helpful in calming your baby.
2. Step out of your house- If changing the room doesn’t help, you may look at stepping out into the fresh air. More often than not, this will help the baby soothe.
3. Play Music or white-noise- Play Clam, soft music, rhymes or white noise, see what works for your baby, parenthood after all is about trial and error. White noise worked for us.
4. Tummy-Time – Give enough supervised tummy time to your baby, this helps in easing out any gases and thus reduces chances of colic attack.
5. Abdominal Massage- Gently massaging the baby on abdomen, stroking downwards helps the baby calm down. You could also try to do it before the usual time of Colic attack.
6. Wear your baby- Baby wearing reduces the colic episodes, holding the baby close has several proven benefits for baby. If you do not prefer baby wearing, hold your baby close, cuddling too helps soothe the baby.
7. The cycling Exercise- make your baby lie down on his/her back, and move his legs in cycling motion, with mild pressure on the abdomen.
8. Burping the baby- Burping the baby after every feed helps reducing the chances of having a gassy baby and further of colic instances. If the baby is crying due to colic, you could still pat the back, holding him/her upright and help the baby burp.
9. Using Heeng (Asefoetida) paste- In India, use of heeng paste is ubiquitous in most households with babies. Gently massaging baby tummy with heeng paste helps soothing stomach ache and thus the baby stops crying.
We have used this heeng paste since my son’s early days. For me rushing to the kitchen to make the paste just when the bout of inconsolable crying struck my tiny baby was never an easy thing to do. So happy that Mother Sparsh www.mothersparsh.com has launched this tummy roll-on with the goodness of heeng, fennel and mint that help easing the tummy pain and indigestion related issues. Mother Sparsh has developed 100% Ayurvedic Tummy Roll On which is made up from the combination of 5 different Oils (Hing Oil, Pudina Oil, Sonth Oil, Saunf Oil and Sova Oil). This provides the babies and young kids relief from stomach discomforts caused due to gas, acidity and indigestion. Hing Oil possesses antiseptic and antibacterial properties that reduce acid reflux and constipation. Fennel oil (Saunf Oil) in this roll on helps alleviating stomach bloating. To add to all moms’ relief, this Roll-on is 100% Ayurvedic and is free from chemicals, preservatives, prepared in a traditional way to provide the maximum benefit that can be drawn from this unique mix of ingredients. Another good thing about this product is its packaging- ease of use that also adds to zero wastage without getting your hands smeared with the contents of the pack. The roll on could be bought at Amazon
*this is a sponsored post, views however are based on my personal experience.
#mothersparsh #happytummyhappybaby #tummyrollon ##Ayurvedichomeremedy #colicfreebaby #babycare #mothersparshrollon #hingrollon #100%ayurvedic #babycareproducts #productreview #colicrelief