Baby Shower Gifting ideas
Confused what to gift to your friend for baby shower?
Gifting is a special art, it is an extension of ones personality.
Choosing gifts can be a very tricky and confusing task, esp. for a to-be mom or a new born baby.
Most of the times on baby shower,people tend to gift things for the baby. The easiest things to buy are baby clothes and accessories that the baby soon outgrows without even wearing or using. In my opinion, it is the mother who deserves some pampering because the new born has minimal needs, the new born only needs a lot of milk, sleep, someone to clean pee/poop and lots of love and cuddles. I would rather leave the parents and close relatives to buy clothes and other important things for the baby, after all it’s a delight for parents to buy baby stuff.
So, when it comes to baby shower, I therefore choose to buy things for the mom instead, here is a short list that you can choose from-
1. One or two books of the what to expect book series. This is my first choice always. Even with all the information available online, I would prefer a book. If your friend is a book lover, do consider gifting one from this series.
2. Nursing gown- Nursing gowns come in as a blessings for new moms. They make feeding convenient, especially if you are out of home.
3. Nursing wrap/poncho- Your friend will love you for this, when out nursing in public draws a lot of attention, a stylish nursing poncho/scarf can make NIP simple and comfortable.
4. New born cloth diaper kit- introducing cloth diapers to your friend is perhaps the best gift, take it a step ahead by gifting her the diapers.
Bumberry Starters kit is designed for new moms begining their cloth diapering journey. The NEWBORN pack is for babies of ages 0-6 months.
5. DIY Hand and foot impression kit- New parents want to cherish all things that the baby brings along. We were gifted a DIY kit that preserves the foot/hand imprints. One gift that we truly loved.
6. A diaper bag with changing mat- A diaper bag can last with a new mom for over 2 years, choose an elegant diaper bag that she can carry anywhere and even after the baby is diaper free. Back pack style Diaper bag is my first choice for diaper bags, they are convenient and look stylish.
7. A customised hamper to pamper the to be mom – You can get a readymade hamper or curate one by yourself for your special friend. The hamper can include, a cream or oil for stretch marks , pregnancy safe natural body butter, moisturiser, massage oil or face packs. You could include lactation tea, cookies etc too.
8. Baby milestone cards- This will go a long way and your friend will remember you every time she takes a picture of her baby. There are fancy milestone cards available online.
9. A baby journal- New parents want to document every small or big milestone if their baby a pregnancy and new born baby journal makes a perfect baby shower gift.
10. Amazon voucher
Well, if you still can’t decide what to gift then there is nothing better than an Amazon voucher. New parents tend to buy a lot of things and this will be a great gift for them.
Have more ideas? Do comment below.